Thursday, May 3, 2012

Really?

I'm not psychic.

If you don't tell me SAMPLE OPQRST. I don't know how to treat you.

What is SAMPLE OPQRST?

SYMPTOMS-what are you fellow a general complaint.

ALLERGIES-what are you allergic to?

MEDICATIONS-what current medications are you on? Like for medical reasons (not like pepto unless it important.)

PRIOR MEDICAL HISTORY-Cardiac, Diabetes, not yhat you had you tonsil out at age five.

LAST ORAL INTAKE-Or any intake for that matter. If you smoke a fatty right before all of this crap started to happen; I kinda need to know. I'm not the police. I honestly don't care. I'm just trying to save your ass remember.

EVENTS LEADING UP TO-Again I don't care what your vice is. I need to know, no matter how same the details are.

ONSET-Was it fast or slow? Did it take days or minutes?

PALLIATIVE-What makes it feel better/worst?

QUALITY-Not how am I doing? What does it feel like sharp, dull, burning, twisting or pulling?

RADIATING-Is is going? Can you feel this pain any where else?

SCALE-1-10 how bad is the pain. noncore of "10" will not get you yo the hospital any faster. "10" looks like you are trying to run away from yourself. Most distressing pain should be in the "5-7" range. An "8" if you wanna really impress someone. A score of "9" or "10"? Is one of your legs in your arms?

TIME-how long ago did it start?

These words seem silly, but those questions can help us figure out how to treat you.

Also, if the trip is goes down the drain. It is how we tell the hospital the medical info they truly need to TREAT you. Also, so they don't end up killing you either.


0 comments: