Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Things are finally starting to fall into place


My my quest for the disco patch is officially underway.I have been accepted to Wor-Wic   Community College in Salisbury, Maryland.  I still cannot believe things that she start fall into place.   I will be making a trip back on a Salisbury on Thursday afternoon to:  1) drop off my application for intermediate starting in May,  2) register for classes in the upcoming summer, 3)   and to attend class.

I'm really excited about this semester. It  does seem like a lot I am  a full-time student at two different colleges.   This is going to one of the biggest challenges of my life.  Because, I have so many more responsibilities; than what I had when I finished my first bachelors.  Not only do I have to worry about my own children,  but living and breathing household.   So you would you ask me why I want to put myself through this torture?

Well I had no choice. Husband was fired from his well paying job.  He was making close to $32 an hour before taxes. Life was good.  We are starting to get out of debt.   My husband also bought his dream vehicle a truck.  The new management they came onto the site was bound to bust the union.  They were determined in writing all of the workers up as to fire them per the contract rules.   My husband was not the only one in this rash firing; there were three others.   Two of  them the president of the union fought for, and two they did not.

We are in a situation now. If I don't pass; we won't make it.  since I have the higher education,  and I am  closer to graduating and my husband;  we have decided that I will finish my schooling and my husband will continue part-time.    All my life I have had jobs that not paid me over $13 an hour.   I am hoping, that once I get my paramedic status; I can work on getting the bills paid off again.  I love what I have so far, and I wish I can continue to live this way.   Plus, my children deserve a stable childhood.

I was injured in a crash on August of 2012.   It was reported on many news stations including firefighter.com.   I have several injuries from this crash.  I continue every day to strengthen my body so I may return to EMS.  I have to return there is no choice.

Back to school.


I am taking two biologies this semester.   The first one is an overview of  general anatomy and physiology. The second is a more in depth anatomy and physiology. I'm more worried about the second biology.   My husband did go back to work.  I have my entire school year mapped out.  how to be in school when my husband was off.   Then the company he worked for decide to close to shift he was on.  This completely screwed me up.   I can no longer go to my classes.  I do not have the babysitter.   At Deltech, I came so close to passing it before the second accident. I actually had an "A" in the class.  Now not doing as well as I should be.  I have also noticed that I am having trouble remembering things and recalling information.  Where I used to be able to write very well; now I am saying that I am a better visual learner and not good at written tests.   I had a very hard blow to the head.  I wonder if that is the reason why I am not doing as well as I should be.  I am easily distracted.  And very depressed. And like any good paramedic student, I'm behind on my homework. Not critically behind, but behind nonetheless. Tonight, I think I'm just gonna go home, and go to bed.   Well, after I finish correcting this blog post. I have class at 8 AM tomorrow morning, and  school comes early (especially when I'm driving two and a half hours home. Just to  wake-up and drive a hour and a half back to school.

I'm finding that having kids is really, really, really hard. Youngest loves staying with his grandparents. But, I get him at midnight on nights like this.  They are in there 60s, and work full-time jobs.  They are tired easily. I really don't want to give them hard time.

I guess what I am trying to say is even though I am faced with all these challenges.  I am still standing tall.  I will continue to pursue my dream of a disco patch.  Because, is not only about me anymore. It  is about making sure it is about making sure my family is taken care of,  and will no longer worry about what bill to pay next.

Let us do this.   And in the immortal words of the 10th Dr. Allons-y!


0 comments: