Friday, March 13, 2015

I'm eight month pregnant.

I never wanted to get pregnant again.  It should be a joyous experience.   

But it's not.   

I hate my body.  I hate the way I am treated like a fragile egg.  

I was terminated after I told two employers I was pregnant.  I finally found work again. 

The doctors have never sat down with me and said, "hey, we need to talk about lifting restrictions."   They do ask, "how are things going?" Normally, the answer is always the same.  "I'm fine."   

What that "fine" is not saying is I have been discriminated against; my life is hell because of this child; it's getting harder to work because people keep referring to the "old school" way of doing things.  

Federal law states that I have to be treated like everyone else.  This is far from reality.   

I HAVE TO WORK.  

Yes, I would love to be laying on the couch, being feed grapes and Bon-bons.  But that is not my reality.  Guess what? All around the world women work during their entire pregnancy. Some even give birth at work.   

You think all these concerned people will pay my bills for next four months? 

Where will they be when I'm standing in the rubble of my life? Some will be right there by my side by not a lot.  

Everyone has good intentions, but I wish people would just leave me alone.   The doctors all know what I do for a living.  They have never come to me and said, "Hey, it's time to give it up."  

No. It's quite the opposite.   The doctors say continue with your life.  It will make it easier to go back once the baby is born.  

All your GOOD intentions are doing is making me want this child to never to be born.  You are making me see this child as a burden.  The constant discussion of my "medical situation" brings me into the spotlight.   Something I avoid.  It would be a relief if this pregnancy just went away.  

My attitude wasn't always like this.  I was overjoyed to be completing my family.  I have to make sure my living children have a home, food and support.  This child is not viable.  It's a matter of survival at this point.  

0 comments: