Tuesday, April 10, 2012

I'm not afraid...

I'm just looking for answers. I was suspended from my job for snapping on a fellow co-worker for micromanaging me.
I used that time; ever so wisely, to sleep and hide under the covers.

Yes, I'm going through a very dark place. When you are as bored as I am, you realize things you would see when you are busy; Like breathing.

I noticed my breaths were really shallow. I notice my rate was fast. I also noticed I am still tired after sleeping 11+ hours.

So about a day of this abnormal breathing I decided to go see my PCP.

She was quite disturbed I have not had a full physical since 1993. She was also upset I have not seen a doctor since 2009.
Now to bring everyone up to speed:

I had a lung tumor in 2009. I have nodes on my thyroid since 2000. I had tumors on my female bits. I have pre-cancerous lesions on my female parts. I had three family member die shorty after turning forty.

But for some reason my old
PCP didn't see this as an kind of issue. He would run one test and never follow up.

Fast forward to last Thursday. When I start presenting with the same symptoms; (I had on and off for the last two an a half years) I found my way to my new PCP's place. (really, I went because my kid was out of acne medicine).
I told the RN I was under the weather; meanwhile I hacked up part of my lung she asked if any test had been preformed recently. I told her about the tests, and when they were run.

She was like wonderful you have made my search so much easier. She found all the test. What she also found was a mistake from my old PCP. He ran the wrong test.

Yes, I am back to figure out why my breathing is labored. It feels like I can't get a "good" solid breath. Every time I laugh, I go into something similar to a smokers cough. I feel like I'm drowning when a light breeze hits me in the face. Oh and my energy levels are low to none.

It would hit me every once in a while, but now it's every day. I was fortunate to be able to show my new PCP my symptoms.
She looked very scared.

She gave me a script for another chest X-ray and blood work. She rush me out the door. Told me not to go home. Just get the test done.

Well, I'm my own worst enemy. I have yet to get the test completed. I plan on getting them all completed tomorrow.
I don't know what I'm more afraid of:

My old PCP was in the wrong
Or
If my new PCP is right.
@scribbles412

0 comments: